- This article relates to the canonical games. See Pikipedia's "Waterwraith" article for more canonical information.
|Scientific name||Amphibio sapiens|
|Challenge Mode levels||Bully Den|
The Waterwraith is a boss that can only be damaged by Purple Pikmin. Its appearance is generally humanoid in shape, with the suggestion of a head, body, arms, and legs, but without distinct characteristics, and with a watery, transparent body. As a matter of fact, its scientific name is Amphibio sapiens, which is similar to the human's scientific name: Homo sapiens. Ships note that, although the Waterwraith can be seen, their sensors somehow detect nothing, leading to the conclusion that the Waterwraith's physical form is anchored in another dimension. It is one of the most dangerous enemies as it can instantly kill Pikmin by just rolling over them, and cannot be deterred or defeated until Purple Pikmin are used against it. However, it does not appear immediately, providing a five-minute grace period before appearing.
- "All that is known about this creature stems from a few sightings deep underground. All reported sightings feature the same core set of details: a giant, viscous form with a clear, hazy sheen not unlike hard candy. One theory holds that it may be the ectoplasmic incarnation of a kind of psychic phenomenon, but as is usually the case with such theories, it is very difficult to prove. All witnesses report being suddenly overcome with fear upon sighting the creature, approaching a state of panic and near insanity. In fact, every report contains an inordinate amount of extremely vague details, which has led to suspicions that exhaustion and fear have caused some simple natural phenomenon to be viewed as a living creature."
- "Inedible. Known to cause mass hysteria, followed by leg spasms and internal thunderings."
This article or image relates to the fanon game Pikmin: Redemption, created by Sir Pikmin.
The Waterwraith, along with the Firewraith, Electrowraith, Magneticwraith, and the Phantom, only appear in the Haunted Village, Crystal Palace, Tower of Babil, and Pit of Redemption. These creatures are extremely powerful and terrifying, but yield great rewards.
Pikmin 3 (Flish Edition)
They reappear, along with several new forms of the same creature, but have a new attack. they can teleport like a Honeywisp and will fall from the ceiling again, falling on Pikmin. other members, which are faster, cannot do this. Black Pikmin are good to kill these, along with Purples, because even in their jell form Black Pikmin can injure them. This takes longer, however.
Pikmin: Dimensional Breach
|A Rift in Reality
This Article Contains information about a non-canon game, Pikmin: Dimensional Breach, made by WorldBornDead.
Waterwraiths are mostly unchanged from their counterparts in past games, appearing in various late-game dungeons alongside other Wraiths, including its cousins from Pikmin: Redemption. Waterwraiths make up the bulk of Derrick's army. Black Pikmin cannot harm Wraiths by themselves in this game.
- "This creature's horrific, ghostly visage and stone rollers mean it should probably be kept as far from civilization as possible."
- "This being is so evil, it doesn't even have the courtesy to leave behind anything to make clothes out of. Then again, I'm not sure I want anyone to wear... whatever this thing is made of."
- "Only Purple Pikmin seem to be able to pierce this beast's otherworldly defenses. Throw one and the Wraith will be left cowering in this dimension and vulnerable to other attackers. If all else fails, don't be afraid to run. I fear no monster, but this... thing... It scares me."
- "Draw a teardrop in a circle onto the ground, and place a basin of fine brass in the center of the rounded part of the teardrop. Fill the basin to the brim with water, taking care not to let any spill just yet. Now, you must find a sacrifice, an animal or person with a pure heart or an innocent mind. Take them over to the basin and drown them in it, keeping their face submerged until their skin grows cold, all the while chanting the ancient words of Lord Plasm. If done correctly, a Waterwraith should take its form from the spilled water, ready to wreak havoc on the world. Furnish it with weapons and equipment of your choice; I prefer the classic rollers carved from dense mountain rock."
Pikmin: The After Years
|The After Years
This Article Contains information about a non-canon game, Pikmin: The After Years, made by Gamefreak75.
Pikmin Galaxy Adventure
|Pikmin Galaxy Adventure
This article or section contains information about a non-canon game, Pikmin Galaxy Adventure, made by Legendlink.
It reappears, along with the Firewraith, Electrowraith, Magnetwraith, Acidwraith, and the Clambering Wraith, although the entire family is weaker than their counterparts in other games.
Pikmin: The Winds of Light
|The Winds of Light
This article and/or image relates to the Non-Canon Game, Pikmin: The Winds of Light, created by EmperorRagingLongLegs.
The Waterwraith appears twice so far, both times in the Royal Wraith's Palace, once in the lower-right arena on Sublevel 2 and two of them appear in Round 5 of Sublevel 3. Also, in the Architect's Playground, hitting the wall on Sublevel 5 will trigger the sound of three Waterwraiths, yet none will appear.
Pikmin 4 (Wii U)
|Pikmin 4 (Wii U)
This article contains information about a non-canon game Pikmin 4 (Wii U), made by BallsAngus.
|Armored Cannon Beetle • Beady Long Legs • Burrowing Snagret • Emperor Bulblax • Goolix • Mamuta • Puffstool • Smoky Progg|
|Beady Long Legs • Burrowing Snagret • Emperor Bulblax • Empress Bulblax • Giant Breadbug • Man-at-Legs • Pileated Snagret • Raging Long Legs • Ranging Bloyster • Segmented Crawbster • Titan Dweevil • Waterwraith|
|Armored Mawdad • Baldy Long Legs • Bug-Eyed Crawmad • Burrowing Snagret • Plasm Wraith Quaggled Mireclops • Sandbelching Meerslug • Scornet Maestro • Shaggy Long Legs • Vehemoth Phosbat|
|Armurk • Berserk Leech Hydroe • Electric Cottonade • Emperor Bulblax • Fiery Blowhog • Long Water Dumple • Luring Slurker • Queen Shearwig • Red Bulborb|