Dwarf Fiery Bulblax
- This article relates to the canonical games. See Pikipedia's "Fiery Dwarf Bulblax" article for more canonical information.
|Scientific name||Oculus volcanus parvusii|
|Areas||Scorched Earth, Barriers of Flame, Ordeal of Flame|
|Attacks||Eats Pikmin, burns Pikmin|
The Dwarf Fiery Bulblax is similar to the Fiery Bulblax in that it chases after and eats Pikmin, its back is on fire, and it has a melted appearance. It is much larger than other dwarf mimics and does not have teeth. Because of its fiery back, it can only be defeated with Red Pikmin. If left idle, Dwarf Fiery Bulblaxes will slowly walk back and forth. If one of them spots a leader or their Pikmin, it will charge at them and leave a trail of fire in its wake. If it is being attacked, fiery projectiles will fly off its back.
Defeating a Dwarf Fiery Bulblax is a relatively simple ordeal. Throwing at least a handful of Pikmin will dispatch the creature fairly quickly. However, while it is moving, it will leave behind a trail of fire. Despite only being able to eat 2 Pikmin at a time, the speed at which it eats lends it the powerful ability to decimate groups of Pikmin.
This article or section relates to the Non-Canon game, Pikmin: Guardian.
These creatures are rather like weaker and more docile versions of Fiery Bulblaxes. If they reach low health, they will make a loud noise which awakens all bulborbs in the vicinity. Red Pikmin suggested to defeat this creature, but any Pikmin can be used if in a cold area.
- "These breadbugs may be considered a major evolution in breadbug mimics. They have gone a step beyond sheer mimicry, and have actually become an exact replica of the Fiery Bulblax. It could even be possible that these creatures are the younger stage of a Fiery Bulblax."
- "Not suggested for consumption unless fire extinguishers are present, along with a fireproof covering for the mouth. Tastes of ash."
Pikmin: Revenge of the Darkfreeze
|The Darkfreeze is back...
This article or section relates to the non-canon game, Pikmin: Revenge of the Darkfreeze, which was created by SilverPikmin, a user on this wiki.
In Pikmin Z, Dwarf Fiery Bulblaxes are found in Painted Pines and Avalanche Desert.
- "The breadbug family has once again attempted to mimic the grub-dog family, this time the target being the Fiery Bulblax. However, the breadbug mimic lacks several traits needed to mimic the Fiery Bulblax, despite the size. It cannot create waxy substances that combust upon contact with the air, most likely because it has a different inside and is frailer than the grub-dog family. Still, the mimic has shrunk one of its optical bulbs to match the Fiery Bulblax."
- "The Dwarf Bulborb's mimicry appears to be becoming more diverse, as is seen by this Dwarf Bulborb's attempt to mimic the Fiery Bulblax. However, the mimic is in appearance only. The Dwarf Fiery Bulblax has no excretion of highly flammable waxy substances, meaning it is not on fire, and because it is not on fire, it does not have melting skin. However, it does have the same back patterns and asymmetrical eyes. This creature neither tries to be protected by Fiery Bulblaxes nor seems to associate with them at all. The reason a Dwarf Bulborb subspecies would mimic a Fiery Bulblax is unknown as of this point. It may just be a coincidence."