- This article relates to the canonical games. See Pikipedia's "Bulbmin" article for more canonical information.
|Scientific name||Parasiticus pikminicus|
|Caves||Frontier Cavern, Submerged Castle, Hole of Heroes|
|Challenge Mode levels||Green Hole, Hidden Garden|
|P2 Poko value||× 3|
|Resistance||Fire, electricity, water, and poison|
Bulbmin are Red Bulborbs that are host to a parasitic species of Pikmin; it is hinted by Olimar that these parasitic Pikmin can take on other hosts as well. They can be found wandering an area, patrolling an established path in search of food. Mature Bulbmin, acting as a leader, are usually followed by up to ten juvenile Bulbmin. These wild juveniles can be used like normal Pikmin by leaders. The mature Bulbmin acts like a Bulborb, in that it will pursue and eat Pikmin. After defeating it, the smaller ones go into a panic. They are not dangerous, but whistling at them will instantly bring them into line under the leader's command, and they become part of the Pikmin swarm.
- 1 As Pikmin
- 2 Notes
- 3 In fanon-games
- 4 In Pikmin 4 (Wii U)
- 5 In Pikmin 3 (Flish Edition)
- 6 In Pikmin 3: The Dweevil's Revenge
- 7 In Pikmin: Colonies
- 8 In Pikmin: Attack of the Breadbugs
- 9 In Pikmin: Ultimate Doom
- 10 In Pikmin SP
- 11 In Pikmin: Revenge of the Darkfreeze
- 12 In Pikmin: The Pollution
- 13 In Pikimon
- 14 In Pikmin Kart
As Pikmin that leaders can use, Bulbmin are identical to other Pikmin types but look like Bulborbs and sound different. They have average capabilities in terms of mobility and strength, but are immune to four elemental hazards: fire, electricity, water, and poison. As beneficial as their abilities may seem, some cannot leave the caves in which they are found; this makes them ideal for use in Candypop Buds. Instead, they stay behind and watch the leaders and fellow Pikmin leave.
- "This loathsome creature is in fact a parasitic form of Pikmin that has infected a bulborb. Unlike Pikmin that nest in Pikmin Onions, this parasitic relative spends its life inside the body of a host, usually a bulborb. Juveniles fall in line and mimic the actions of their parent until maturing to full independence. By burying its rootlike limbs into the nervous system of the host bulborb and infusing it with natural hormonal excretions, the bulbmin is able to control virtually all of the host's bodily functions. However, the host's voracious appetite seems impossible to suppress."
- "Grind the meat and season with allspice, salt, and ground white pepper. Press the seasoned meat into meat satchels, then panfry them with onions. Prior to serving, smother the brats with dijon mustard and sauerkraut. Buns are optional."
In Pikmin 4 (Wii U)
|Pikmin Galaxy Adventure
This article or section contains information about a non-canon game, Pikmin Galaxy Adventure, made by Legendlink.
In Pikmin 4 (Wii U), Bulbmin seem to have adapted to living outside of caves. They are first found after defeating the Giga Bulborb on the first day.
In Pikmin 3 (Flish Edition)
In Pikmin 3 (Flish Edition), Bulbmin are seen outside of the bulborbs and serve as annoying enemies that attack leaders. Pikmin do not attack them and they do not attack Pikmin.
In Pikmin 3: The Dweevil's Revenge
|DWEEVILS ARE GAINING REVENGE!|
This Article Contains information about the unreal game Pikmin 3: The Dweevil's Revenge made by WooferWoof1!
In Pikmin: Colonies
This article or section relates to the non-canon Pikmin game Pikmin: Colonies, created and managed by Michaelb958.
Bulbmin have been given a major redesign for Pikmin: Colonies: they can be found almost anywhere and travel anywhere, come in eight colors, and are much more numerous. Read more here.
In Pikmin: Attack of the Breadbugs
|Pikmin: Attack of the Breadbugs
This article or section relates to Pikmin: Attack of the Breadbugs, a non-canon game created by Cheepy-Cheepy.
Bulbmin have the same role as they did in Pikmin 2, but they and their respective Onion can be found in the Hidden Territory of the Land of Wonders. Only juvenile Bulbmin are present. As before, Bulbmin are immune to all elemental hazards. However, Bulbmin cannot be accessed until Purple Pikmin are found, as only Purple Pikmin have to ability to demolish stone gates. Bulbmin can be extremely useful for demolishing the Galactic Breadbug if chosen to be used. However, Purple Pikmin are still mandatory, as only they are able to deplete the Galactic Breadbug's health while it is in its stone form.
In Pikmin: Ultimate Doom
This article contains information that relates to the non-canon game Pikmin: Ultimate Doom by Wraith.
It acts the same as in Pikmin 2.
In Pikmin SP
In Pikmin SP, Bulbmin are the same as the ones from Pikmin 2, but there is a larger variety of them. They can also be seen aboveground and the different types all share an onion. The Onion is found in the Leafy Grotto, the second cave in Dim Jungle. Once their Onion is obtained, they may be taken aboveground.
Here is an explanation of what each type does:
- Bulbmin - Regular Bulbmin.
- Orange Bulbmin - This is a more alert version of Bulbmin that will dodge out of the way if it is going to be attacked.
- Bulbearmin - These Bulbmin will stay closer to the captains and will protect them if any enemies attempt to attack the captains.
- Snow Bulbmin - This Bulbmin takes 5 seconds longer for an enemy to eat, due to it being covered in short, scratchy hair.
- Fiery Bulblaxmin - This Bulbmin deals as much damage as a Red Pikmin.
- Purple Bulbmin - This Bulbmin has the abilities of Purple Pikmin, but, it walks with half the speed of flowered purples at its leaf stage.
- Watery Bulblaxmin - This Bulbmin has a 50% chance to get away if it is grabbed by an enemy. (70% if it is a fire enemy. 40% for electrical enemies.)
- Electrical Bulblaxmin - This Bulbmin has a 35% chance to stun an enemy when it is thrown onto one. (Does not apply to bosses or electrical enemies.)
- Toxic Bulblaxmin - This Bulbmin will slowly deal poison damage to enemies that it is attacking. (Does not apply to structures, hazards, or poison enemies.)
In Pikmin: Revenge of the Darkfreeze
|The Darkfreeze is back...
This article or section relates to the non-canon game, Pikmin: Revenge of the Darkfreeze, which was created by SilverPikmin, a user on this wiki.
Same as most games, but has a more orange stem and a yellow flower.
In Pikmin: The Pollution
"Bulbmin" is a term for enemies that have killed a Green Pikmin and are transformed into a Pikmin similar to their species.
This article and/or image relates to the non-canon game, Pikimon, created by Lazer, assisted by Cheepy-Cheepy and Alpo499.
- Start - Headbutt
- Start - Bite
- Lv. 10 - Dash
- Lv. 13 - Creepy Fleet
- Lv. 15 - Tickle
- Lv. 17 - Sugar Rush
- Lv. 20 - Trip
- Lv. 24 - Attract
- Lv. 25 - Crunch
- HM01 - Strength
In Pikmin Kart
This article and/or image relates to the Non-Canon Game, Pikmin Kart, created by Blueflower999.
In Pikmin Kart, Bulbmin are items that are found in item boxes Rarely. They can be thrown and they'll grab on to a random kart in their range. They'll slightly slow the kart they bit onto, but it is possible to shake them off. They won't fall off if the driver drives into a fire geyser, body of water, electrical nodules, or poison vents. As with all Pikmin items, the Whistle item can protect a player from Pikmin attacks and steal them for themself.
|Red Pikmin • Yellow Pikmin • Blue Pikmin • Purple Pikmin • White Pikmin Rock Pikmin • Winged Pikmin • Bulbmin|
|Candypop Bud • Onion (Pellet) • Pikmin extinction • Spirit|
|Mushroom Pikmin • Pikmar|