- This article relates to the canonical games. See Pikipedia's "Careening Dirigibug" article for more canonical information.
|Scientific name||Flotillium circusmaximus|
|Caves||Subterranean Complex, Submerged Castle, Cavern of Chaos, Hole of Heroes, Dream Den|
|Challenge Mode levels||Abduction Den, Sniper Room|
|P2 Poko value||× 4|
The Careening Dirigibug is a legless creature that slowly drifts through the air by utilizing colorful, balloon-like air sacs attached to what can be considered its head. It is most often found underground, in caves. They slowly drift around in wide arcs at a similar height to Swooping Snitchbugs. However, when approached by a Pikmin or leader, a Dirigibug will quickly produce a bomb-rock from its mouth. It will then try to approach the Pikmin or leader, and once close enough it will stop to toss the bomb-rock to the ground, activating its timer. The bomb-rock can kill Pikmin, damage leaders and enemies, and destroy hazards, but it does not hurt the Dirigibug if it is high enough in the air. However, the bomb-rock can still damage the creature if it is grounded. If the Pikmin or leader exits the Dirigibug's territory while it has a bomb, it will continue to hold it for some time until dropping it anywhere.
- "This creature floats effortlessly through the air using gas-filled balloons. Both its appearance and its nature are antagonistic. And it is the only variant of its species in this ecosystem. It may be best to consider the possibility that it somehow wandered into this ecosystem from an entirely alien one. Positive proof does not exist at this point, but that is how the creature is currently classified."
- "Pull off the balloonlike air sacs, mince the meaty abdomen, and shape it into small cakes. Pan-sear the cakes until crusted, but be careful not to overcook the delicate meat. When ready to serve, garnish the plate with the vibrant air sacs. Even the most discerning dinner guest will be dazzled by the colorful presentation!"
This article contains information that relates to the non-canon game Pikspore, which was created by Neini.
They appear in several caves as well as Spectral Garden in the Volcano and Wasteland areas.
Pikmin: Ultimate Doom
This article contains information that relates to the non-canon game Pikmin: Ultimate Doom by Wraith.
- Perilous Cavern - Sublevels 5 and 6
- Molten Mezzanine - Sublevels 3, 4 and 6
- Hot Hemorrhage - Sublevels 1, 2, 4, 5 and 6
- Volatile Minefield
- Abandoned Mine - Sublevels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8
The Careening Dirigibug acts the same as in Pikmin 2.