|A new perspective.
This article relates to the Non-Canon Game, Pikmin 2.5, created and edited by Drigibug313.
|Media||Gamecube Compact Disc|
|Release Dates||NA: Whenever
The story of Pikmin 2.5 is the exact same as Pikmin 2, but this time, the areas the captains explore and the treasures they find are different, in addition to their adventure being much longer and arduous.
Upon Olimar and Louie's descent to PNF-404, they decide to land in a barren wasteland known as the Dry Seabed. The ship hits a dead tree on the way to its landing zone, making Louie fall out and into a dangerous situation...(Continued on Dry Seabed's page)
There are 6 areas to explore, being expanded and slightly altered areas from the first two games.
- Dry Seabed: A version of the Perplexing Pool with almost no water, and more sandy areas. This is where Olimar and Louie crash land on the first day. It has five caves:
- Waterfall Lake: A version of the Awakening Wood with many more pools of water. It has five caves:
- Auburn Woods: A version of the Wistful Wild with more fire/bomb rock elements. It has five caves:
- Colossal Cave: A version of the Forest Navel with many changed elements. It has five caves:
- Valley of Repression: A much harder and longer version of the Valley of Repose. It has four caves:
- Secret Stump: A version of the Formidable Oak from Pikmin 3; unlocked after collecting beating the final boss. It has one cave:
There are 9 (Technically 7) kinds of Pikmin in Pikmin 2.5, which are listed below in the order that the player encounters them:
- Red Pikmin
- Purple Pikmin
- White Pikmin
- Yellow Pikmin
- Blue Pikmin
- Orange Pikmin
- Green Pikmin
- Gold Bulbmin
Pikmin 2.5 cotains a unique way of playing through the story mode that can be played from the start; "No Purple Pikmin Mode". It serves as a sort of "hard mode" for this game, as Purple Pikmin are so helpful with dealing with enemies. In this mode, the weights of all treasures that require Purples to lift are lowered, and bosses such as the Waterwraith have their patterns changed.