- This article relates to the canonical games. See Pikipedia's "Volatile Dweevil" article for more canonical information.
If you are searching for the user, see here.
|Scientific name||Mandarachnia explodus|
|Caves||Subterranean Complex, Shower Room, Submerged Castle, Hole of Heroes|
|Challenge Mode||Concrete Maze, Cave of Pain, Bully Den|
The Volatile Dweevil is an enemy that, at first glance, appears to be a bomb-rock with legs. They are actually dweevils that have picked up bomb-rocks, much like how other members of the Dweevil family pick up treasures and corpses; unlike other members of that family, Volatile Dweevils are known to carry only bomb-rocks and are never seen without one.
A Volatile Dweevil's bomb-rock will start the countdown fuse as soon as the creature is startled, and it will chase leaders and Pikmin until the bomb explodes, killing itself and anything else caught in the blast. With that in mind, the best way to deal with a Volatile Dweevil is simply to run away from it until it blows up. They cannot be directly attacked unless petrified, which also freezes the bomb-rock in mid-detonation, making it useful in an emergency.
- "The volatile dweevil is one member of an insect family known for mimicking objects by carrying them on their backs. The dweevil family exhibits a most unusual characteristic whereby the creature's behavioral patterns actually change based upon the object the creature carries on its back. The volatile dweevil has one of the most potent attacks of all species within the dweevil family, due to its habit of carrying explosive devices. Approach with caution and/or body armor!"
- "This scorching species combusts upon contact with the tongue. Only edible by the adventurous and asbestos-tongued."
This is where users type in the fanon version of Volatile Dweevil.
This article or image relates to the fanon game Pikmin: Redemption, created by Sir Pikmin.
In Pikmin: Redemption, the Volatile Dweevils aren't that different from their Pikmin 2 version. The only changes are the type of bomb-rocks they can hold (regular, giant, and nuclear), there are large and small Dweevils, and the skin of the legs of a Volatile Dweevil has taken on the appearance of the bomb-rock they have.
- "The Volatile Dweevil is a member of a family of insects known for carrying large objects, usually ones I need, on their backs. What is different about this kind is that they like to carry Bomb-Rocks, Giant Bomb-Rocks, and Nuclear Bomb-Rocks. Since the objects they carry determine the Dweevil's behavioral patterns then we can only assume that for some reason this kind of Dweevil picks bomb-rocks instead of shiny things. Undoubtedly these creatures do not know these are explosive and can set off other bomb-rocks, usually with humorous results."
- "Carefully remove the bomb-rock. Then beer-batter the legs and deep fry them for five minutes. The legs create a taste you will not soon forget."
- "One of these monsters killed my family and destroyed my original Onion. Luckily I found another of my kind's Onions and joined them."
This article and/or image relates to the non-canon game, Pikimon, created by Lazer, assisted by Cheepy-Cheepy and Alpo499.
- Start - String Shot
- Start - Bug Bite
- Lv. 10 - Rock Throw
- Lv. 20 - Stone Toss
- Lv. 30 - Boulder Bash
- Lv. 40 - Roller Brick
- Lv. 50 - Avalanche