Topic:how can i get and recolor images
Hi. i need help on images. i want to know how can i get images on my fanon page and how can i recolor them. for example, i made up a species of bulborb called the enraged bulborb. i want to make it all red with brown eyes, yellow feat and 3 sharp teeth. how can i do that. i'm bulborb bro and all pikmin fear me! please answer soon.
- To upload an image, go here. For more information on files, see this page. If you need a base image to recolor, check out Pikipedia. Some good bulborb images to start out with are this one, this one, and this one. I'll start working on an image for your Enraged Bulborb.
Although that is all helpful, he wants to know how to recolor images. If I may present my explanation:
1. Get a picture of a bulborb (the Red Bulborb has a good picture further down the page). Save the file.
2. Grab any image editing tool you want. Default color editors on PCs are okay, but something like Gimp or Photoshop is better (I am biased like all people, but I recommend Gimp. It is free and is still a good image editing tool. Just make sure you don't download any of the junk they try to sneak in there).
3. Use the paint tool. You can also use select and fill with color tools.
I have found a way with GIMP to make realistic images. So, take a picture. Copy the layer. Erase everything on the layer to be see through, except the part you want to make a different color. Use the "colorize" to change the shade. Then align and merge with the layer below it. If done properly, it will look natural and ready for use. I'm Peach Bulborb, and I approve all grub dogs. (Sysop)
Update: I have gotten Photoshop and found it has tools to make recoloring easier than it is with GIMP. Below are the pros of each:
- It is free
- It is simple to understand
- You need to pay for it
- Complex, but when you understand it making the picture look natural is a lot easier.
- My personal favorite tool, the magnetic lasso, will try to figure out what area you are trying to outline and make it as exact as possible.