- This article relates to the canonical games. See Pikipedia's "Quaggled Mireclops" article for more canonical information.
|Areas||Garden of Hope|
|Attacks||Eats Pikmin, drowns Pikmin, crushes Pikmin|
The Quaggled Mireclops is a boss that resembles a massive chunk of land, complete with plant life growing on it, that is supported by three enormous hooved legs, making it a tripedal creature. It walks around much like creatures from the arachnorb family. When the boss stomps on soft soils such as sand or mud, it leaves a depression in the ground that will fill itself once enough time has passed. Sometimes these depressions are filled with water or another fluid, presenting the threat of drowning to any non-Blue Pikmin.
At first, this creature will be submerged underground with only the top of its body exposed, encased in a large crystal called the Mireclops crystal. It will not move until the crystal is damaged enough to release one of its eyes; at that point, it will rise out of the ground and begin stomping around. Once it rises from the ground, its large fleshy hooves are its main weak point. The hooves will become increasingly redder and rawer-looking as Pikmin attack them. When a hoof becomes bright red, the colossal creature will collapse onto the ground and become stunned, slamming its hooves into the ground to soothe them. During this time, the top of the creature will be accessible. Rock Pikmin or a similar Pikmin can be used to finish breaking the Mireclops crystal, but bomb-rocks will also work for this purpose. As Pikmin and leaders linger on its body, the Quaggled Mireclops will try to catch them on its incredibly large tongue to feed on them.
After the Mireclops crystal breaks, the beast's vulnerable bulb will be exposed, which can be attacked to cause damage to the boss. As it loses health, it will begin to charge faster and more aggressively and will also slam its body into the ground, crushing any Pikmin underneath it. In addition, it will perform its tongue spin twice in a row, with the second spin rotating at a much higher speed.
When the Quaggled Mireclops is defeated, its remains become a permanent part of the environment. If the area is revisited in the following days after the creature has been killed, a garden of assorted Pellet Posies and other vegetation can be found growing on its body. Peaceful enemies such as Red Spectralids, can be found in this garden.
The Quaggled Mireclops has very few attacks, but has many different ways of executing them:
- It will stomp around the arena, leaving holes in the ground if the soil it is stepping on is soft. On top of being able to crush Pikmin, this also poses a threat to non-Blue Pikmin if the depression is filled with liquid.
- While its bulb is being attacked or the crystal protecting it is being damaged, it will lash out its bizarre tongue, with which it can eat many Pikmin at a time. Leaders can also be swallowed, but the Mireclops will quickly spit them out.
- If any leaders or Pikmin are on the Mireclops as it stands up, the Mireclops will tilt over, knocking all of them off onto the ground below.
After destroying the Mireclops crystal, it will have a few new, more devastating attacks:
- The Mireclops may quickly run across its arena, leaving many depressions in the ground, as well as anything that happens to be under its hooves.
- The Mireclops may suddenly fall to the ground, crushing anything underneath its body. This attack can easily kill a full squad in one execution, leaders included.
- The Mireclops may drop to the ground and move forwards, flopping on the ground as it advances. This attack can be devastating should the squad be too close to the boss when it performs this attack.
|Armored Cannon Beetle • Beady Long Legs • Burrowing Snagret • Emperor Bulblax • Goolix • Mamuta • Puffstool • Smoky Progg|
|Beady Long Legs • Burrowing Snagret • Emperor Bulblax • Empress Bulblax • Giant Breadbug • Man-at-Legs • Pileated Snagret • Raging Long Legs • Ranging Bloyster • Segmented Crawbster • Titan Dweevil • Waterwraith|
|Armored Mawdad • Baldy Long Legs • Bug-Eyed Crawmad • Burrowing Snagret • Plasm Wraith Quaggled Mireclops • Sandbelching Meerslug • Scornet Maestro • Shaggy Long Legs • Vehemoth Phosbat|
|Armurk • Berserk Leech Hydroe • Electric Cottonade • Emperor Bulblax • Fiery Blowhog • Long Water Dumple • Luring Slurker • Queen Shearwig • Red Bulborb|