Legend Shards are objects that is encountered late into Pikmin: Attack of the Breadbugs. Legend Shards are triangle-shaped, have a border that protrudes slightly from it, and have the symbol of the element it is related to. As of now, only six Legend Shards exist within the Pikmin Planet: Novice, Blazing, Frozen, Rusted, Magnetic, and Toxin. The Legend Shards are used to unlock a gate that leads to the fight with the Galactic Breadbug. On either side of the gate are three slots in which to the Legend Shards are to be placed. The order does matter. Once a Legend Shard is brought to its respective slot, the Legend Shard will float out of the Pikmins' grasp and place itself tightly into its corresponding slot. Each Legend Shard can be picked up by at least fifteen Pikmin, with the exception of the Magnetic Legend Shard that must be carried by fifteen Purple Pikmin to keep it weighted down.
- The Novice Legend Shard may be carried by any Pikmin.
- The Blazing Legend Shard must be picked up by Red Pikmin as it is hot from the heat inside the Chamber.
- The Frozen Legend Shard must be carried by Cyan Pikmin as it freezes any other Pikmin that touch it.
- The Rusted Legend Shard must be carried by White Pikmin as the Shard will poison other Pikmin.
- The Magnetic Legend Shard must be carried by Purple Pikmin to keep it weighted, and must be weighted down by Yellow Pikmin as it is floating high in the air when found.
- The Toxin Legend Shard must be picked up by only White Pikmin as the shard will poison other Pikmin.